Marketing Tip – The Benefits of Social Marketing

Marketing Tip – The Benefits of Social Marketing



The benefits of social marketing are many. Joining a series of social networking websites may seem like a tedious task, especially if you aren’t a very social person, but results you gain are going to prove themselves to be well worth the effort. I was never a huge fan of social marketing, but I quickly found that social networking sites gave me the opportunity to have a little bit of fun while working on my marketing campaigns. Social marketing may just be the break you need from your regular daily routine!
If you’re still questioning whether or not social marketing is worth your time, take a few minutes to check out some of the main benefits.
Social networking sites allow you to target niche groups. Most social networking sites have groups or filters that allow you to separate your contacts or make new ones based on their interests. This is great because you are guaranteeing that your messages will be seen by an audience that is already somewhat interested in what you have to say. I found one of the hardest parts of marketing was finding people who were really interested in my niche. Social marketing saves me the trouble of filtering those who aren’t really interested.
Social marketing costs less than traditional advertising methods. Social marketing may take a little more time and effort, but it costs much less than a pay per click (PPC) advertising campaign and can often be more effective. If you pay for a pay per click advertising campaign, you have to worry about paying for clicks regardless of whether or not they result in a sale. Thelinks you post on social networking sites won’t cost you anything more than time.
Social marketing doesn’t require a ton of skill. While it helps to have a little bit of marketing background, you do not have to be a lifetime student of marketing or SEO in order to launch an effective social marketing campaign. As long as you can communicate in clear, grammatically correct English, you’ll find yourself more than half way home. You can focus more on the knowledge you need to have regarding your niche and less on difficult technical skills.
Social marketing helps with SEO. Even though you don’t have to know a lot about SEO to launch a social marketing campaign, a little bit of knowledge will be helpful. Every single time you place a link to your website on another website you are creating an inbound link. Inbound links are critical to SEO, as they prove to the search engines that your website is useful and popular, thus increasing your page rank.
When I first started my online sales career I was hesitant to use social networking sites as part of my marketing strategy. I thought they were simply websites where people gathered to collect friends and swap photographs. Once I learned how to effectively use these sites, I was pleasantly surprised to see the impact social marketing had on my ability to generate web traffic. I truly believe you’ll be just as amazed as I was.

Comments